The Monday Show Podcast 04-20-09

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NyQuil and Those Damn Dirty Apes.



This little short was actually the result of having a few too many NyQuil tablets and crashing on my bed for a while. For those of you who have never experienced a drug induced slumber, then you should know that the images that manifest are not exactly your Mr. Rogers type of material.

So yes, I had a dream in which my Barrack Obama action figure talked to me. What, you haven't?

--------------

In a completely unrelated matter, I've decided that teachers should no longer be taking all of the blame for our failing educational system. The reality is that high school councilors are the ones who should be getting the harsher criticism.

Now I'm sorry if you are a councilor, if you want to be a councilor when you grow up,or if you're sleeping with a councilor but I've been reviewing scholarship applications for high school graduates and these kids are stuck with advising that is comparable to a monkey with a typewriter.



Moral of the story: Don't take advice from a 35 year old who still goes to a high school every day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jesse, I got to know you a little bit on the LA seminar trip and you are a very fun, smart, and unique individual. I really feel that these personality traits stand out in your writing style. Don't knock yourself, let your creativity flow because there are those of us that appreciate your honesty and creativity. So if i havn't made it clear, I really enjoyed your post, although it was a little short, I would have liked to read more. I guess your vlog made up for it. You opened your post by saying this "this isn't my normal type of thing," but I think you were successful in your venture outside the box. Do you plan to incorporate more videos into your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two councilors while I was in high school and both of them were awful at giving advice. I know they are suppose to help guide you through out the four years, but sometimes it seemed like they did not care. I only visited them when it was mandatory. For this reason, I was told to take their advice with “a grain of salt.” It was funny to see the YouTube video comparing people to monkeys typing on the typewriter.

    ReplyDelete